Investing in your child’s education is one of the most important decisions. This section provides you an overview about the admission process to become an IPSian and the eligibility criteria to take admission in Indore Public School, Indore.
Admissions are strictly subject to availability of seats.
At IPS, we have strived to make our admission process as simple as possible to ensure that all prospective parents enjoy a hassle free application experience.
Class with entry age at the start of academic session
|Nursery-KG_II||Class I & II||Class III to V||Class VI to VII||Class IX to XII|
|3 – 6 Years||6 – 8 Years||8 – 11 Years||11- 14 Years||14 – 18 Years|
*The age criteria for admission in different classes will be in accordance with NEP.
Step 1 : Admission Enquiry
In order to start with the admission process, we encourage you to make an appointment with our Admission Counsellors telephonically / walk-in / online and visit our campus. Our Admission Counsellors look forward in welcoming you to our campus for providing you with the details about the school, curricular and extracurricular activities and facilitate a tour about the campus.
- To contact our Admission Counsellors telephonically, please call on 9826050161
- For Walk in enquiry, feel free to visit our Admission Cell during the following hours: Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 4 pm (Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays)
- For online enquiry, please visit www.indorepublicshool.org or click on the Admission -> Online Registration -> Online Enquiry Form on website, our counsellors will get back to you to answer your questions and brief about the admission process.
Step 2 : Registration
The second step of admission process is registration of the child with the school for the year and class for which the admission is sought. The parents can purchase the registration form and school prospectus by paying the registration fee Rs 2100/- at the admission cell. Kindly carry two latest Passport size photographs of the child along with a copy of self-attested Date of Birth certificate. The registration fee is neither refundable nor adjustable and it is valid only for the specified academic year. Mere registration is not a guarantee of child’s admission.
Step 3 : Registration Form Submission
The parent needs to fill up the Registration Form and ensure that all the documents are in order. The following documents need to be submitted along with the Registration Form:
- Copy of the Birth Certificate of the Child
- Copy of Aadhar Card of the Child and the Parents
- Original TC from the previous school (applicable if the Admission gets confirmed)
- Copy of Report Card of previous class (applicable for children seeking admission from class I onwards)
Step 4 : School Visit & Interaction/Entrance Exams
Parents / Guardians are invited to visit the school campus to understand the culture and ethos of the Institution. A meeting can be scheduled with the class Coordinator / Hostel Superintendent (for boarding house admissions), so that the parents can have an interaction with the Coordinator / Hostel Superintendent, ask questions and collect any information they require.
Each registered child should appear for the interaction/entrance tests which will be based on the academic syllabus of the previous class the child has passed.
Interaction for Grade Nursery to II
Once the registration process is initiated, the admission cell will schedule meetings with the designated teacher/ class co-ordinator for evaluation from the academic department to help us understand the child’s grade readiness by interacting with the child. The offer for admission will be issued, based on the interaction feedback submitted by the academic department and decision taken by the Admissions Team.
Entrance test for Grade III to IX & XI
Students will go through an entrance test in specific subjects like English, Hindi, Mathematics and Science aimed at evaluating grade appropriate academic competence. Following this, an interaction with the Principal is scheduled. The offer for admission will be issued, based on the entrance test score, recommendations given by Counsellor and decision taken by the Admissions Team.
Step 5: Payment of Fees and Admission Confirmation
Once the above steps are satisfactorily completed, parents can proceed with the final step of admission process i.e., pay the applicable fees for their ward to confirm admission.
- Students are admitted on First Come, First Served basis depending on availability of seats.
- Selected Students will be required to make the form submission and fee payment within 48 hours of the declaration of the interaction/entrance test results.
- The School fully reserves the right to Admissions and its decision in the matter is final and binding and cannot be questioned.
Once after the completion of Fee submission and documentation, the admission is confirmed. The school will communicate with the parents via SMS/email to intimate about reopening of academic session, books and uniform details and about further formalities, to be completed, if any.
Step 6: Parent Orientation Program
There will be a parent orientation program before the beginning of the new academic session. This program will acquaint the parents with the Vision, Mission & Ethos of the school.
All new entrants are required to produce a medical certificate certifying that they are free from any contagious or infectious disease and are otherwise physically fit to be admitted to a residential school. The parents must fill up Health Record provided by teacher and return it as soonest.